Terms & Conditions
Corks and Cases Worldwide Wines – Terms and Conditions
- It is against the law to sell or supply intoxicating substances to persons under 18 years of age in the UK. By placing your order you confirm that you are least 18 years old. If our carriers are in doubt of the age of the recipient of an order, they will request some form of ID. In the event that this is not satisfied, they are not permitted to leave the wine. We will not sell or deliver alcohol to anyone who is, or appears to be, under the age of 18.
- We cannot guarantee availability of all products. In the unlikely event that a product is unavailable when you place your order, we shall contact you to arrange replacement, or another acceptable arrangement for the completion of your order or to advise you when the product will be back in stock
- We reserve the right not to accept any order.
- All our deliveries are handpicked and packaged to a very high standard and are shipped within 48 hours of receiving your order.
- We guarantee delivery within three to five days of your order, except for items which are specifically requested as next day delivery. Next day delivery will be dispatched within one day of receiving the order.
- We use an independent carrier which is Fedex. The carrier will only attempt to deliver the product twice, after which we regret that you will be responsible for making your own arrangements with them for delivery. The products will be returned to our premises if they have not been collected from the carrier within 14 days.
- In the special instructions at the checkout you are able to specify any special delivery instructions, such as where to leave the wine if you are out. Just let us know and we will try our best to do what you ask.
- You will receive and e mail confirmation when your order is dispatched. This will also include the tracking number issued by the carrier, so you can easily keep track of your parcel
- All our prices are quoted in pounds sterling and may be per bottle or per case, as marked. The prices include Value Added Tax, Any delivery charges are additional
- We accept card payments via the Pay Pal checkout system
- Promotional offers and prices are as stated, with no further discounts available.
- We reserve the right to terminate any special offer at any time without notice.
- Description and price of the goods. We make every effort to ensure that prices and descriptions of goods shown on our website are accurate at the time you place your order. The price of the goods will be as shown on the checkout pages of our website when you place your order. We will charge you this amount. You must also pay a delivery charge for the goods as indicated on our website at the checkout page. In the unlikely event that the price shown on the checkout page is wrong and we discover this before we accept your order, we are not required to sell the goods to you at the price shown. We always try and ensure that the prices of goods shown on our website are accurate, but occasionally genuine errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of the goods that you have ordered we will let you know as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it.
- We will provide a full refund or replacement for any wines that are faulty. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- We may require faulty bottles to be returned to us. We will arrange this as necessary at your convenience.
Non Delivery, Cancellations and complaints
- Any compliant is taken very seriously and we endeavor to respond to complaints as soon as possible.
- In the event of complaint please contact us immediately on 01765 688810, alternatively e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org giving as much detail as you can. All complaints will be acknowledged within 48 hours and you can expect a full resolution of your complaint within a further 72 hours. You will be kept informed if there is any delay beyond this.
- If you have any questions regarding orders and general enquiries, please contact us on 01765 688810
- Any breakages noted at the time of delivery, will be collected by our carrier and replacement wines will be dispatched once the original package has been collected.
- If some or all of the bottles of wine in a case are broken or spoiled when they are delivered, you should notify us as soon as possible. You may choose either to return the whole case or just the affected bottles for refund.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions will reduce your statutory rights relating to faulty or mis-described goods. Further information on your rights is available from your local authority Trading Standards Department or Citizens Advice Bureau
- Occasionally we do have to substitute wines for a later vintage or an alternative or equal of greater value. If you are unhappy with any substitutions you receive, we will arrange collection at our cost. Claims for non delivery must be made within four weeks of your order date.
- If you wish to cancel your order prior to it being dispatched. Please telephone Corks and Cases immediately on 01765 688810 and we will refund your money and cancel the order.
- Corks and Cases Worldwide Wines are totally committed to protecting the privacy of our site visitors and customers and to promoting the responsible consumption of alcohol. We will not disclose information about our customers to third parties, except where it is part of providing a service to you. E.g. arranging for a product to be sent to you, carrying out credit and other security checks and for the purpose of customer research where we have your express permission to do so.
- We will not sell or make available your name, address, e mail address, credit card information or personal information to any third party without your permission
- If you have made a purchase from Corks and Cases Worldwide Wines we may update you on our latest products, news and special offers via e mail or post.
- Corks and Cases Worldwide Wines are fully committed to the Data Protection Act 1998 and are dedicated to the privacy of your information.
- Corks and Cases Worldwide Wines shall not be liable for any delay in delivering your wine if that delay or failure is causes by circumstance beyond our control such as war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, compliance with any law or government order, rule, regulation or direction, fire, flood, storm or Act of God, Failure of ISP or telecommunications provider in connection with the performance of this agreement
- No contract exists between you and us until we notify you that we have accepted your order and delivered the goods. We are not obliged to accept your order.
Corks and Cases Worldwide Wines warrant that the wines will be of satisfactory quality and fit for their general purpose
- In the first instance please contact Corks and Cases Worldwide Wines by e-mail or telephone, as indicated at the time of order and by subsequent communication.
- This website is operated by Corks & Cases Worldwide Wines Limited. Registered address: 17 Silver Street, Masham, North Yorkshire HG4 4DX. Tel. +44(0)1765 688810, E-mail email@example.com. VAT No: 124423350
Corks and Cases Worldwide Wines have taken every effort to ensure that the information on this website is correct, accurate and up to date. However Corks and Cases Worldwide Wines take no responsibility whatsoever for information that is incomplete, inaccurate or out of date.
Corks and Cases Worldwide Wines shall not be held liable to any individual or business for any damage or loss which may have occurred from the use of any matter contained on this website.
All text and Graphics on this website are directed solely at those who access the website from the United Kingdom mainland. Corks and Cases Worldwide Wines make no representation or will not be held liable for any action placed upon the website by individuals from other locations.
Limitations of Liability
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude Corks and Cases Worldwide Wines liability for personal injury or death caused by negligence
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by us or our employees or agents in circumstances where:-
- Loss or damage was not foreseeable to both parties when the contract was formed
- Loss or damage was not caused by any breach on the part of the supplier
- Loss or damage relates to business and/or non-consumers
- Customers should also be aware of the following inherent risks and warnings
- Alcohol should be consumed in moderation
- A case of wine is heavy so extra care should be taken when lifting it. If you are concerned about the weight, we advise that you transfer the bottles 1 or 2 at a time
- Red wine in particular may cause staining if spilt so extra care should be taken
- Sparkling wines and Champagnes can be volatile due to the buildup of gasses; extra care should be taken when opening these.
Fraud and Crime Prevention
For the purpose of the prevention or detection of offences, and /or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders, we may share any information that we collect with the Police, other public or private sector agencies or representatives’ bodies in accordance with the relevant legislation. Information shared in this way will not be used for marketing purposes.
Corks and Cases Worldwide Wines
17 Silver Street
Telephone: 01765 688810
E Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vat Registration Number: 124423350
If you have any comments on the above or just want to contact us, please feel free to email, call or write to us.
We reserve the right to make changes to the website or to this disclaimer at any time.
Corks and Cases may change or add to these terms and conditions for security, legal and regulatory reasons.